Will American Idol's Anoop & Lil under consideration ?




A little something like receiving extraharsh criticism from the judges for weeks on end, being in the bottom three for several weeks in a row and having America vote them off isn't going to get Anoop Desai or Lil Rounds down. The two got the boot in the first double elimination last night on American Idol, but were in eerily good spirits in their exit interviews this morning.




Of her elimination, Lil says, "It was OK because in the end, I'm going to take everything that [Idol] gave me and push forward with it. I definitely have some albums to come out, and everything they gave me is going to help me make that a great success."

"The competition isn't the end all, be all of us," says Anoop. "We have our futures in the Industry. And we're all going to make albums."

Read on for more from Lil and Anoop...


Though the judges criticized Lil for not making any of the songs she performed "her own," the singer and mother of three doesn't exactly agree with the four music industry experts' opinions: "I automatically would think that I did make it my own, especially vocally. I'm sorry the judges didn't quite agree with it, per se. I felt that I knew who I was as an artist, and I made it my own."

So, just who is Lil Rounds as an artist? "I'm R&B with a soulful vibe," she says.

Anoop's planning an R&B album as well, but with more of a pop-oriented twist. "I really like the things, for instance, that Ne-Yo is doing right now," he says. "I think that's the direction, obviously not a copycat, but I'm really interested in pursuing that direction in music. I know that I want to go the pop R&B route. I know that I want to put my own soul in pop songs, as Kara [DioGuardi] said, my MO is, so I'm looking forward to making that album."

Do you really think all 10 finalists will get to make an album? Are you as hopeful about Anoop's and Lil's music futures are they are? The comments are all yours!


Details

1 comment:

  1. I love how they keep saying "This is the most groundbreaking, shocking American Idol ever" ... every week

    ReplyDelete